Thursday, October 16, 2008

Across The Universe


A lonely beach, a lonely man and music:


Is there anybody gonna to listen to my story and the prior girl in came to stay? She is the kind of girl you want so much makes your story, still you don't regret a single day, a girl, girl...


This is one of best films I've ever seen. It's a musical that makes a tribute to Beatles and it refers also to other famous singers and artists in the sixties, like Joe Cocker, Jimi Hendrix, Bono, Janis Joplin, etc.
I didn't know a lot about The Beatles and the other artists but after watching this film I'm very interested in knowing more about them and their lifes.

The film is brilliant, the actors and actresses are so credible that make you feel you are in the film, and I love it! I love feel life like a musical and when I watch the film more times I still believe what they are doing and saying.
I wolud describe it like a drama because there are some scenes where you need cry but it's a funny movie too. Like all good films, it criticizes American society and army in a funny way too.
In fact, the film is a set of sensations, each word, each song and each movement that people make can be a sense of life, you only have to pay attention on details and I think it is fun to do.

I 'm completly in love with this movie.

I post here one of dialaogues that makes me laugh:


Max: -why is it always what will you do? what will you do? what will you do? Oh god, what a future, future, future, future, future, future... Why is what I do more important than Who I am?


Teddy: -Because what you do defines who you are.


Max: -Sorry, but not uncle Teddy! Who you are defines what you do! Do you think so, Jude?


Jude: -...Emm... Well...maybe...maybe it isn't what you do, maybe it is the way of doing it.


(long silence on the table)

I recommend you this movie!

3 comments:

feelthemusic said...

Hi!! thanks for your comment I hope you enjoy it more!

Jack the Ripper said...

Thanks for your comments, dear Mr. Bean...

I haven't seen this film, "Across the Universe", even if I like Beatle's music... So, I'll watch it!

Thanks for your recommendation...

alittlebitofhope* said...

Yes, your teddy bear is famous all around the world!

I haven't seen this film but I've heard about it. If someday I have time I'll watch it. Do you think that I'd need some klennex next to me?

Bye!