Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A bit of body idioms

-He says that we are in the same wavelenght, that we understand each other perfectly and he's always breathing down my neck.
But I'm up to my eyes! I need to get it off my chest! I will talk to him tomorrow.
When he meets a friend of mine he always puts his foot in it and my friend thinks that he pulls his leg, and he laughs his head off while my friend keeps a straight face not knowing what to do.

-Ok, but I don't see eye to eye with you. You get along with him and I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill, I think he wouldn't say boo to a goose, be patient.

-For you it is plain sailing but for me it never rains, it pours. I'm in my last legs.

-Well, keep calm, what goes down can go up, but an elephant never forgets, I'm sure.

3 comments:

Just me said...

WOW!
you were paying atention a lot the other day!Have you used all the set phrases that we did in class?

About Murphi's law, I think that all of us have some story to tell, and thatone was the mine...

See you!

Nuria Vidal said...

Excellent exercise!! I hope you can remember, one by one, all the idioms when we speak in class.

Notice you forgot the pronoun in this one:
-and he laughs HIS head off while...

And then I'd say:
-but I don't see eye to eye WITH you.
-Well, KEEP calm,

Nuria Vidal said...

By the way, I think you also have disabled the possibility of writing comments. I cannot write a comment for your last post.
Check that, please! Thanks.